My Blog List

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Legal and Ethical Issues

The article I read was, Open source textbook program expanding in coming months. I thought this article was great for a few reasons. As stated in the article, "This is not going to be cheaper, but our vision has technology in everyone’s hands,” he said. “We have said we’re not buying textbooks, but we will spend the same, if not more money, on technology.” I learned the school system are trying to become more advance. The school system invested a lot of time trying to develop a better system that will be beneficial. For the students and teachers because I believe the students  prefer  to do online homework than reading a book. I see this open source text book program as a way to help the students become more involved in doing there work. Also since these kids are so advance in technology already it is good way to teach them, because the students would maybe find enjoyment from reading on an open source instead of from a textbook. Besides that, the open source would constantly update unlike having to constantly buy new textbooks it would be more convenient.

2 comments:

  1. I read the same article you did! I agree with you on the idea that students prefer doing homework online instead of reading a book because kids now a days are so up to date with the technology and love being on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only down side I see in having online versions of textbooks is that you can not resell them after you are done using them, but other than that, I think online textbooks are great.

    ReplyDelete