My Blog List

Saturday, March 29, 2014

AI and Robotics

The article I read was, When Robots Can Kill, it's Unclear Who Will Be To Blame.While reading this article I learned how dangerous they can be if they are assigned to kill people, and if they make a mistake. For example, the movie iRobot and Robocop when the robots turned on people and began killing them. I think the one's to blame are the manufacturer's and the developers. The article mentioned the military. I think t.he military would get the larges benefit from a robotic solider, like in the movie Robocop they could use the robot as fighters to go to war in the place of soldiers. I also learned while reading this article that these Robots would be able to open doors and drive cars. I cannot wait to see this in reality for myself like a robotic teacher or a robotic taxi driver driving a car like in the movie Total Recall. I believe some robots can do what humans cans such as the Terminator, even though he did things better than a normal human. I think humans are more likely to make errors because we humans always make mistakes at a time in our life.

2 comments:

  1. I also heard about the idea of robots driving cars or a car being able to drive itself. I think this would be a very intersting thing to watch, but i'm not sure how I would feel due to the security reasons....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who to blame is a big debate but in reality the one who created such an error would be the creator so there should be some kind of shared blame between machine and maker.

    ReplyDelete